DESCRIPTION: Woody, smoky and warm; the scent of burning wood with a hint of mountain spruce.
Burn time: 90 hours
Clean burning soy-based wax and 100% cotton/ non-chemically treated wick
With oversized hand-blown art glass vessel (approx. 4 x4 inches.)
Art glass will have slight differences of size and color from piece to piece. This is normal and assures you that this is a hand made product.
ECO TIP: Save and keep or repurpose your hand blown glass when the candle is done. Gently pull out the metal wick holder and remove wax residue with either hot soapy water or by placing cup in the refridgerator for a few minutes. Rinse thouroughly. Use as a drinking glass, to hold pens or flowers, or as a tea light holder.
BURN TIPS: Let the wax melt all the way to the edge of the glass the first time that you light it. It should burn evenly after that. The ideal burn time is up to 3 hours at a time. Keep the candle away from drafts or air vents so that it will burn evenly. Trim the wick before you relight: just pick up the candle (make sure the wax is dry), turn it upside down and clip off excess wick (let it fall into a small plate or bowl). Clip so that there is about 1/4 inch each time you relight. Don't let the trimmed wick or burned wick fall in the wax: this will cause the candle to burn at a hotter temperature and give you less burn time. The candle should not release smoke while it is burning. Some smoke my appear for a few seconds when you extinguish the candle and a bright ember may appear. This is perfectly normal and because the wick is cotton and non chemically treated. When the candle is almost done, the wick should self extinguish. There will be 1/4' to 1/2' of wax left in the bottom of the glass - this is normal so that the candle doesn't get too hot at the bottom of the glass. If the candle wick does not self extinguish, do not let the candle burn all the way to the bottom. You should still get around 90 hours of burn time.
SAFETY TIPS: Don't leave the candle unattended or with pets or children. Don't place the candle near fabric (curtains or towels) or anything combustalble. The candle is safe on most surfaces but if the surface is delicate or has a special finish (like a waxed wood surface), then do not place the candle on it. Put it on a separate tray or dish. Don't forget to let it cool before touching so that you don't burn yourself.